On Tuesday, March 14 from 2.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. the Ministry of Infrastructure & the Environment and the Directorate-General for Public Works and Water Management, in partnership with Connekt, are organizing an information meeting at Connekt in Delft. This initial meeting is focusing on ITS Action B, Real-time traffic information services and road data, from the ITS Action Plan.
On March 14 an update will be given on the anticipated European Regulation on ITS Action B and the potential consequences for Dutch stakeholders. During the meeting we intend to focus on the background to the Directive, the European and Dutch context and the obligations that apply under the Directive. The Netherlands also has a certain amount of freedom regarding the further implementation of the Directive and we would like to share information about this.
Content of the meeting
The NL ITS plan 2013-2017 is an obligation arising from the European ITS Directive (2010/40/EU). It was the first official policy plan for ITS in the Netherlands. The plan was drawn up by the Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment in partnership with Connekt and with the cooperation of local authorities and market parties. Action C, road safety related traffic information, and Action E, parking places for trucks, have already been implemented in the Netherlands.
Action B concerns: the provision of EU-wide real-time traffic information services.
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- 2.30 p.m. Arrival and coffee
- 3.00 p.m. Opening and welcome by Nick Juffermans (Connekt)
- 3.05 p.m. Introduction to EU ITS Action B Regulation by Michiel Beck (Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment)
- 3.30 p.m. Implementation of ITS Action B by Erna Schol (Directorate-General for Public Works and Water Management)
- 3.45 p.m. National Access Point by Tiffany Vlemmings (NDW)
- 4.00 p.m. Questions
- 4.30 p.m. Drinks and closing of meeting