At Nestra, we strive for sustainable transport solutions through cooperation, innovation and multimodality. We are committed to developing efficient transport and logistics systems, focusing on intermodal concepts, greening, and strategic advice. With our global experience and network, we build bridges between government and industry, focusing on sustainable economic development and reliable logistics chains.
Nestra is committed to sustainable economic growth through efficient and flexible transport and logistics systems. Recognising the need for collaboration and innovation in transport, we are committed to multimodal solutions and scale-up. Through our extensive expertise, we offer in-depth research, strategic advice, and practical implementation aimed at reducing environmental impact and improving global logistics efficiency.
Nestra provides high-level consultancy in sustainable transport and logistics, catering to both public and private sectors worldwide like Ministries of Transport, European Commission, Asian Development Bank, World bank or UNESCAP. The firm’s experience spans policy analysis, regulation development, and evaluation, with a focus on ports, inland waterways, road transport, and multimodal transport, as well as improving the trade and transport sectors. Nestra is involved in facilitating public-private partnerships and supporting institutional development.
Nestra has a presence in training and technical assistance on a global scale. Moreover, it manages international consortia, overseeing project management in consultancy, research, development, and education.
Nestra’s services cover a wide range, including the formulation of sustainable transport policies, trade facilitation, and the development of national logistics strategies. The company also contributes to enhancing the roles of public and private sectors in transport, monitoring transport corridor performance, assessing national logistics costs, and developing sustainable transport strategies.
Nestra provides training and technical assistance to promote sustainable development in the transport and logistics sector. Our expertise spans several continents, with projects in countries such as China, Brazil, Indonesia, Colombia, Mozambique, Jordan and Central Asia. The focus is on strengthening and improving the professionalism of the sector, both within Europe and beyond. These efforts include developing and implementing training programmes for both public and private actors in the transport and logistics industry. Through this comprehensive training and technical support, Nestra contributes to the development of sustainable transport and the optimisation of logistics processes on an international level.
Moreover, an overview of the type of consultancy activities provided by NESTRA is the following:
- Support for the definition of sustainable transport policy, planning and programming;
- Trade and transport facilitation policy and studies
- Monitoring and measuring performance of national and international transport corridors
- Formulation of national logistics policy
- Studies of national logistics costs
- Development of national sustainable transport strategies, particularly in rural areas;
- Definition of the roles of public and private actors in the transport sector, development of the appropriate regulatory framework and recommendation of public-private partnership mechanisms;
- Organization of the transport sector;
- Role and organization of the ministries in charge of transport;
- Support for the institutional capacity building of transport and logistics regulatory agencies;
- Development and implementation of training programs intended for public and private actors in transport and logistics sector;
- Technical support to Road Maintenance Funds with a view to improved road markets management;
- Transport sector programs;
- Feasibility studies on structural adjustment programs intended to enable transport sector reforms;
- Feasibility studies on transport network structuring projects;
- Evaluation of the link between transport and poverty to improve the efficiency of sectoral interventions;
- Strategic environmental assessment of transport sector programs;
- Technical assistance to the administrations responsible for the implementation of transport sector programs.
Voordelen van het lidmaatschap
Eén centrale plek
Als lid van Connekt heb je toegang tot het netwerk. Een mix van kennis, creativiteit en daadkracht.
Duiden van ontwikkelingen
Connekt is in staat om behoeften en trends te identificeren en deze om te zetten in een samenwerking.
Samen staan we sterk
Connekt pakt als neutrale verbinder uitdagingen op, die één lid vaak niet alleen kan agenderen.
Een schat aan informatie
Binnen het netwerk van Connekt wordt informatie en kennis uitgewisseld waardoor nieuwe kansen en mogelijkheden ontstaan.